Analysis of the implementation of Revenue management strategies to increase Revenue Per available room at Harris Hotel Sentul Bogor

  • Tri Djoko Sulistiyo Institut Pariwisata Trisakti
  • Rina Fitriana Politeknik Sahid
  • Rini Angraini Institut Pariwisata Trisakti
Keywords: Revenue Management, Revenue Strategy, Revenue Per Available Room

Abstract

The Revenue Management strategy is used to measure the achievement of Revenue Per Available Room in addition to the level of room income. To maximize revenue, not only increasing occupancy rates but also optimizing selling prices or room rates. The purpose of this study is to determine Analysis of the Implementation of Revenue Management Strategy on Increasing Revenue Per Available Room at Harris Hotel Sentul Bogor. The research method used is a quantitative descriptive research method. The study used a sample of 95 respondents with 17 statements. The implementation of the Revenue Management Strategy was declared GOOD with an average value (mean) of 3.21 which was in the interval 2.51 – 3.25. This shows that the Harris Hotel Sentul Bogor has implemented a good strategy in the field of Revenue Management. Revenue Per Available Room is HIGH with an average (mean) value of 2.97 which is in the interval 2.51 – 3.25. This shows that it is a tourist attraction. This illustrates that the achievement of Revenue Per Available Room at Harris Hotel Sentul Bogor has been carried out well. Revenue Management Strategy (X) has an effect of 61.9% on Revenue Per Available Room (Y). While the remaining 38.1% is influenced by other variables not examined. 

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

References

[1] Buhalis, D., & Cooper, C. (1998). Competition or co-operation? Small and medium sized tourism enterprises at the destination. Embracing and managing change in tourism, 324-46.
[2] Cross, R. G., Higbie, J. A., & Cross, D. Q. (2009). Revenue management's renaissance: A rebirth of the art and science of profitable revenue generation. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 50(1), 56-81.
[3] Elgonemy, A. R. (2000). The pricing of lodging stocks: A reality check. Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 41(6), 18-28.
[4] Guo, X., Ling, L., Yang, C., Li, Z., & Liang, L. (2013). Optimal pricing strategy based on market segmentation for service products using online reservation systems: An application to hotel rooms. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 35, 274-281.
[5] Ismail, J. A., Dalbor, M. C., & Mills, J. E. (2002). Using RevPAR to analyze lodging-segment variability. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 43(6), 73.
[6] Kimes, S. E. (2017). The future of hotel revenue management. 44-44.
[7] Newell, G., & Seabrook, R. (2006). Factors influencing hotel investment decision making. Journal of Property Investment & Finance, 24(4), 279-294.
[8] Pertiwi, P. R. (2013). Penerapan Hospitality Tourism Di Desa Wisata Penglipuran Ditinjau Dari Attractions, Accesibilities, Amenities, Ancillaries, And Community Involvement. Jurnal Ilmiah Hospitality Management, 4(1),
[9] Singh, A. J., & Schmidgall, R. S. (2002). Analysis of financial ratios commonly used by US lodging financial executives. Journal of Retail & Leisure Property, 2, 201-213.
[10] Zhang, F., Xiao, Q., Law, R., & Lee, S. (2020). Mergers and acquisitions in the hotel industry: A comprehensive review. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 91, 102418.
Published
2024-02-05
How to Cite
Tri Djoko Sulistiyo, Rina Fitriana, & Rini Angraini. (2024). Analysis of the implementation of Revenue management strategies to increase Revenue Per available room at Harris Hotel Sentul Bogor. Jurnal Scientia, 13(01), 558-566. Retrieved from https://infor.seaninstitute.org/index.php/pendidikan/article/view/2239